Saturday, May 23, 2009

Online photo sharing

Photo sharing was an eye opener both personally and professionally. Personally I think that I will start to use this to save my photos in a relatively safe environment as I have often worried about losing my digital photos and have considered an external hard-drive but have never got around to purchasing one. Now I can upload and share my photos in the comfort of my own home.
In the professional arena, I found in my exploration of flickr that often you can access a better visual concept of a project than the website originated by the project. I have included the link below of a company that I am interested in. When I searched via google I couldn't even find the companies own website. However a search in flickr revealed a plethora of photos on various projects. I found so many great images on my favourite company from France, Royale de Luxe, posted by members of the crowd:
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=royale%20de%20luxe&w=all&s=int
This is what I find so fascinating that if you have an idea that caputures the imagination then others will be compelled to contribute. This is social networking at its best - instant feedback!
A quick search on children in flickr revealed this fabulous photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/urbantiki/3554532896/in/set-72157602964706372/

No comments:

Post a Comment